Is there someone reading my blog?

Thursday 8 April 2010

Drama in Aabenraa


On Tuesday a group of 13 people set off to Aabenraa to have "Drama and movement" class there. This class was taught by Flemming Rassmusen. First we played some icebreaker games and then tried to express ourselves through gestures, mimics and movement.
We also did little acting and created a poem, being inspired by music and a picture. The poem of our group is as following:

What a sad day today
All I eat tastes like clay.
My heart is broken and never will be fixed
and all my feelings are utterly mixed.
Without a soulmate, without a single friend
I find myself in the country of Neverland.
I just wish I could to go Legoland.
Istead I have to walk to the graveyard
But I cannot walk
my steps are so hard.

After the lesson we went for a walk to the beach and then went home tired but happy.
On Friday we used masks a lot. First there were some warm-up activities (based on running and imitating) and then we acted. We were embryos discovering our own bodies and the world around us, we also created a story corresponding to a music extract and we also reflected what we had done during those 2 sessions.
In my opinion, both classes were very beneficial and I enjoyed them thoroughly. Some of these activities could easily be used with pupils.



No comments:

Post a Comment