Is there someone reading my blog?

Thursday 25 February 2010

God bless Music and Physical Education

I must say that this week I've enjoyed Music and Physical Education most. Both of these subjects were carefully prepeared, included a lot of motivation and we were really active and had no chance to get bored.
Although I'm not much into sport, I thoroughly enjoyed P.E., because Jakob - our teacher - prepared a great number of interesting games for us and he himself was really friendly and nice.
I was also keen on the music lesson as we learned one great song in English and learned some tricks how to use music in other classes. Also the music teacher Else was great and I'm looking forward to seeing her again.
What I did not enjoy at all was the Danish lesson. Our teacher probably wants us to learn a lot of phrases - but the problem is that we still do not know how to pronounce them and she repeats everything twice at most. She also wants us to read dialogues, although we are hopeless at reading in Danish. Less would be more in this case, some basic phrases would be perfectly sufficient for our purposes... I'm really getting under pressure during her lessons as I do not know how to pronounce anything and I'm feeling really stupid.
I quite liked the first part of Comparative Education with Tove Heidemann, as the first part of it was focused on social psychology. In the second part she wanted to tell us something about encyclopaedic approach in teaching. However, the information she was telling us were about 10 years old and the current situation is totally different. Moreover, Tove said she is not a teacher ad you can recognize it very easily as she wasn't able to answer some of our simple questions concerning education in Denmark...
I quite liked Globalisation and citizenship with Torbjorn as we discussed a lot. But 3 hours are too much, although there were some breaks. I also didn't like the idea, that after 45 minutes he let us go for lunch for 45 minutes and then we were to continue in studying. When you have lunch at home you are not feeling like going to school again. In my opinion, it's better to skip breaks and finish earlier than to have 3-4 breaks during the lesson.
Jorn Buch is a real historian - he's keen on everything he's telling us but we are not keen on it at all. Although he should tell us something about Danish history, he spends the most of the lesson telling us some information about Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment